Monday, September 11, 2017

9/11/17 Miracles and Prayer

Dear Friends and Family,

This last week was pretty good. We continued working hard and using the tools that our leaders have taught us. Elder Aviles is amazing. He is really good teacher and helps a tone in our lessons. Jorge is still fighting hard to find work and its still really hard to find him. He has a goal to get baptized soon but we will see if he still wants to complete it. We have faith that he is feeling something. Time to have patience and give him his agency.

The miracle of the week was Juan and Maria. Alright we get to church and start waiting and waiting and then one of the members comes up and gives you the best hug and tells you that his friend is coming to church. Juan and Maria came and they have four kids. The kids stayed home cause they were sleeping but we will get them to church next week. The work really is a lot easier when... Members find for the full time missionaries! Go and share the gospel with your friends.

I want to share my testimony about prayer. This week wasnt easy for me. I have been pretty sick and down on myself. We are not perfect but I like to try to be and when I fail I sometimes dwell on the past for a long time. I have been soo stressed out that I have made myself sick again. I prayed the other night and it was after talking to one of my best friends in the mission Elder Febbo. I was hurting and he knew. He simply told me to take it to our Heavenly Father. So I did. When I prayed at first didnt feel a dfference. As I continued I starting to feel the spirit. Remember you can pray at all times and in all places. Whenever you need to, and He will listen! Its simple but powerful. Thats what I love about the gosple sometimes. I know its true. I know it, even though sometimes it doesnt seem like it is. Doubt you doubts before you doubt you Faith. Les Quiero mucho.

p.s. Story time... yesterday Mariano our baptism from a few weeks ago gave his first talk. We must have taught prayer a little to well because when he got up to the pulpit to speak he said, "To start I would like to share a prayer with yall." hahahaha okay so he just dips right on in to the prayer and starts talking about mexico and florida with the earthquakes and huricanes. He blesses the mexicans and his friends in florida. It was kinda awkward but funny at the same time because Mariano is a funny guy... So he finishes his prayer and gives a solid talk and spoke for almost 20 minutes. Never forget to pray when your nervous! HAHA we love Mariano:)


Con Amor,

Elder Saunders
--
See it. Feel it. Trust it.









No comments:

Post a Comment