Tuesday, January 26, 2016

1/26/2016 Letters and PICS


Hey everyone,

Well the calendar has spoken and I leave the MTC in 13 days! Yes only 13 that is the craziest thing ever! I feel like I just arrived here in the MTC, and time is flying by! Spanish is getting better and better and I can't wait to try it out and sound like the most american missionary ever! If you didn't know I am way excited to leave the MTC even though now it feels like home! 

This week well it was pretty much as always the same with a few twist and turns as life usually gives. I was asked along with my companion to be the Zone leaders for our Zone. It has already been a fun little opportunity to lead and be the example for the newly arriving missionaries. We play a game with the new districts where we have them tell us (the zone leaders and sister training leaders) what animal we look like. They thought I looked like a bear cub which I thought was a sweet compliment, and pretty funny. We are the oldest district in our zone and it is so weird having everyone asking questions and knowing the answers. I feel like I should be the one asking the questions. 

This last week we had a worldwide missionary training meeting and were taught by a lot of the apostles it was so so so cool! The biggest thing I took out of that meeting is to always have the spirit with me and if I feel like I don't then to start to figure out how to because without the Holy Ghost I would just be wasting my time. Then on Sunday I we had a sweet devotional and then watched a movie from Elder Holland who talked on how to open your mouth. So this week I learned that we as missionaries and we as member missionaries need to have the spirit with us always, open our mouths, and the last thing was from the devotional was to focus our hearts. I am striving to put these three things into my life. I know that as I work hard and focus on the things I need to I will be blessed and you can be blessed too. I invite y'all to pray about how you can help the people around you. If it is like yard work or if it giving a Book of Mormon to your neighbor with your testimony in it I know that if you follow the promptings of the spirit you will be blessed. I appreciate all your letters and emails and packages, and can feel your prayers everyday. I am sorry I can't personally email everyone, but I know that I have the support of many and I will y'all proud. Remember this week that the Savior loves you and that prayer is the easiest way to feel his love! I know this to be true because I pray constantly here and I can feel his love everyday. I love our Savior and He loves you.

Elder Saunders

P.S. My team won the 3 on 3 basketball tournament for this week so ya know no big deal! Haha basketball is the stress reliever in the MTC!!!  

--
See it. Feel it. Trust it.



Here are some fun pics from the MTC























A few pics I found on Facebook....




Here's a letter to his Sister:

Hey Sis,

I love all the mail I get from you and you always remind me why I am here and that the savior is there for me. I love the idea to work on your goals for four hours!!!! That is what I did and the fact you remember me saying that touches my heart. I know that as you involve the Savior and our Heavenly Father in your goals you will be guided and blessed in your progression. I love the mail and i love you thanks for being an example in my life! Pray lots and remember your Savior Jesus Christ!

Elders Saunders

--
See it. Feel it. Trust it.


No comments:

Post a Comment