Friday, June 17, 2016

6/13/16 Zone Meeting and Transfers are Coming

Hola mis amigos,

Wow I think that was one of the fastest weeks of my life. I am already back on the computer writing to yall. Well this last week began with a few days in a Trio. Elder Tiffany a member of one year from North Carolina joined Elder Petersen and I in our adventures. We worked well together and had a lot fun. We were able to work in both of our areas. Elder Tiffany was baptized one year ago on my birthday March 7th. 

Then on Thursday we left to 28 de Noviembre which is a four hour bus ride for Zone Meeting. I was asked to speak in the Zone Meeting on Faith so I was able to plan all my talk during the ride there. I was nervous to speak because my spanish is not very good, but I think I ended up doing a decent job. Then we had an Asado which is an Argentina bbq with a married couple that are missionaries. 

On our way home from 28 de Noviembre we were able to watch a little of the Copa América. If you dont know that is a soccer tournament that is being played in America and every Argentine is going crazy. Well almost everyone. 

Saturday was a good day as well. We had a lesson with someone who spoke almost perfect English. Teaching in English was soo weird and I like teaching in Spanish a lot more. Haha never thought that would come out of my mouth. Then Sunday came around and right before Sacrament Meeting our branch President asked me if I could be the back up talk if the meeting ran short. So I said yes thinking I would only have to speak for a few minutes. Then the last speaker ended and we had over 15 minutes left. So I talked about Faith again for fifteen minutes. I dont really know how that happened. 

I know that Faith is something a little more than just thinking that something will happen. You need and have to do something about it. I always end my letters with a quote from one of my favorite movies. See it. Feel it. Trust it.!!!!! I shared this in my Zone Meeting on how we can use it to Baptize, and how I have used it to baptize. If we want something we have to See it going on in our heads. Visualize it and rehearse it over and over. Then feel it. Feel the spirit, love for our investigators, and so forth. Finally Trus it. This is where faith comes in we have to Trust in our Heavenly Father that it will happen. Then I shared the faith of my Big Sister Megan. How her example of faith in every calling she has can help us baptize. She is shy but has more faith then I will ever have. I will be using her in a lot of my future talks and such. 

Well this week was a great one. I learned a lot about my potential and my weaknesses. I learned we can do anything we want to with the help of our Father in Heaven. I know that He is our literal Father. That that title of Father is sacred. To all you Fathers go fufill your Sacred calling and love your family like your Father in Heaven loves you. Les amo y se que esta Iglesia es verdadera. Se que Jesucristo vive. Se que la expiación es re grande y puede ayudarles con todo. Se que mi familia es eterna y sus familias pueden ser la misma. Se que fe es muy poderosa y puede fortalecerles con todo. Les amo y me voy de Calafate en una semana. Me encanta mi misión. Hasta una semana.

haha i tried to write a little in spanish. sorry if it doesnt make much sense.

Con Amor,

Elder Saunders     


--
See it. Feel it. Trust it

NOTE from Lynette:  Here are some pics I found on Facebook.  This week was the anniversary of the mission and the mission president had soccer jerseys made for them.  Also an Elder in Devn's zone is going home next week so they had a "funeral" for him.  







No comments:

Post a Comment