Saturday, September 24, 2016

9/19/16 Week One and a Full House

Hola todos,

How are all of you doing? I am doing pretty well, and week one with my new companion went really well. We found some new investigators and taught a bunch this week. The biggest news though is that we are now living with two more Elders. One is from Argentina and the other is from California. Their names are Elder Campopiano y Elder Powell. Elder Powell is new in the mission and its fun helping with his training. My new companion is dope. He is half mexican and his Spanish is really good. He is from West Valley, Utah and is the oldest kid in his family. He likes to draw, read, and wants to go into Animation after the mission. 

This week we had a few dope experiences. We taught Claudio the Word of Wisdom, Law of Chastity, and Tithing. He accepted it all and said he would obey them. He told us that there is a new peace or comfort in his house now. Hmm what would that be eh?? The Holy Ghost maybe?? haha it is so refreshing to see the gospel change the lives of others. 

Also Gaston the man who only needs to get married and then he will be baptized finally wants to get married. We invited him and his girl to pray together about their wedding and Veronica felt and said its now and is bugging him to do it!! 

Norma and her kids are getting close to being ready for baptism. Norma is just waiting to feel a little more ready. I think in just a week or two she will be baptized. Along with her, her two daughters want to get baptized. 

This week I learned a lot about patience. Lately I have been kinda down on myself, not feeling very confident. Being me I just hide it and keep going. But inside I was feeling kinda crappy. So I prayed like crazy and today im starting to feel better. The mission isnt easy, but it is rewarding. Seeing people change is really heart warming and makes me feel like I have done something with my time. I know that God lives. His son Jesus Christ died for us. We will live with our famlies for eternity. However we have to do what we know is right and what Christ taught when He established His church! I know if we do those things we will live with our families forever!! I know the scripures bring knowledge and peace. Read them and take questions to the temple. You WILL find answers. I love you all and write me about you lives. I would love to hear from you. 


Con Amor, 

Elder Saunders 

ps Im going golfing today so I am only like kinda happy;) 

--
See it. Feel it. Trust it.
pics of me and my comp, selfie, mcdonalds from buenos aires, and elder powell sleeping on the floor





No comments:

Post a Comment