Thursday, March 23, 2017

3/20/17 Carry On!!!

Hola Todos,

This last week was a hard one. Once again our Baptism fell. We are not having a lot of luck down here, but we are trying our hardest. Sometimes it seems like the more we try the worse of results we get. The more obedient we are the more "No Gracias" we recieve. The more we pray and teach to Baptize the more people say no right before the Baptism. Its hard to see the importance of everything right now. I dont want to lie and tell you guys that everything is just peachy right now. Its not. It sucks. I am tired of putting in everything I got and then getting shut down. Then having to take the phone calls of a upset Mission President.

 I know the church is true! I know that life is hard, and the mission is not an exception. I know that people have their agency and we cant control them. I know that through the Book of Mormon is true. This book has stories and experiences that are made for us in these tough times. My testimony is really the only thing that keeps me going. I would have gone home by know if I didnt know that this Gospel is perfect and true! 

We spent a lot of the week searching for our Baptism. She was never home and we would wait outside her house till we had to leave to make curfew;) We are trying down here. We found a few new investigators and we hope we can get some good luck with them. Teaching a lot and putting our faith in our Savior and Heavenly Father. In tough times thats all we really got. 

One miracle we had this week helped change everything. We are teaching an older lady who is the grandma of a less active family. She always shuts us down when we talk about baptism. However this week she had a dream and wants to get baptized! So we will see what happens. She has eye surgery this week and if it goes well she will be baptized. 

The last thing I want to share is an experience I had during Sacrament Meeting. I was kinda upset with my week and wanting to just give up. So thinking of my mommy, I read the lyrics to the hymn Carry On. So my friends CARRY ON! Keep trying, and dont give up. The church is true and that is all that matters!

Funny Story Time... Last night we made Salsa. My companion is from Bolivia and likes spicy food. Im a baby and die a little with spicy things. We had two other missionaries with us and played a card game and losers had to eat hot pepper plain. I lost with my buddy Elder Stewart and we died eating the pepper. We were crying and sweating! Go us. Les Quiero:)

Elder Saunders del fin del mundo:)  

--
See it. Feel it. Trust it.
this pics are Devin saying Happy Brithday to Austin is little brother!!






this are some random pics 





No comments:

Post a Comment