Tuesday, July 11, 2017

7/10/17 Puerto Madryn

Dear Friends and Family,

These last few weeks have been rough. I have learned a lot and am trying to put it into practice. I have not figured out how to do it yet and it hurts. A few weeks ago I made a big mistake as a missionary. I learned a lot from this mistake and now know the importance of obeidence. The Atonement is real, but consequences are real as well. This is the first time in my life that i have felt almost completely alone. I am in a new area and in my zone I only know my zone leaders. I am in a city called Puerto Madryn. Its pretty and not as called as the other areas in the mission right now during the winter months. I feel like its my time to change and be a better missionary, but I have been trying and cant seem to get it right.

I am in a trio right now and my companions are Elder Michel and Elder Ward. Elder Michel is from Buenos Aires and Elder Ward is from North Ogden and lives just a few blokes from my grandparents. We have a lot of work to do and will baptize together. The hard thing is that I am really stressed trying to change myself and not seeing any progress. I am going to be okay I think. I know the Church is true and that the Atonement is real. I have now learned its hard to actually live it and be the person that has to change. I have to repent and become better. I know that its hard but that I cant do it if I keep trying. I am sad and feel alone right now because I dont know anyone and dont have anyone to really talk to.

If there is anything I want to say to you guys is that I know even though I dont show it always that the church is true. I know it. I know that everything inside the church in terms of doctrine is true. the atonement works miracles. Its my time to use it. learn from me and know that no matter what you have done you can come clean and become clean. It sucks cause you sit there and feel like crap, and dont know what to say to people, but I know in the end ill be okay! You will be okay. If you are unworthy or have something that you should confess. just do it and take the consequences. We can repent together. It will be hard, but it will be worth it. I know the Book of Mormon is true. Its time to read it together. Ill read if you read. Ill repent if you repent. Well Ill do it and I will hope that you do to. Les quiero and Im sorry this is kinda a sad letter but its where I am.

Carry on.

Elder Saunders

--
See it. Feel it. Trust it.

No comments:

Post a Comment