Monday, October 23, 2017

10/23/17 Patience Is A Virtue

Hola,

Wow the time is flying by and we are coming up on the end of the transfer. Its crazy how fast time goes by in the mission field. Even though some days are really long.. haha! This week was different one. Almost the entire District was in Comodoro(where the mission office is) for medical help. So my week was filled with splits. I spent the week in three different areas trying to help the work not fall apart. Didnt work as well as I wanted but we had success in each area in different parts of the work.

For a few days I spent my time teaching a new missionary about personal hygiene. For the first four months of his mission he didnt shower everyday, never really washed his clothes, and had trouble taking control. His two companions he has had complained but never did anything to fix it and so we had a few chats and he has already started to smell better. Good for everyone. I had a few moments where I thought I was going to kill him, but patience is a vitue even though I dont have much.

Juan is doing well, still has to get married. His girlfriend doesnt want much with the Church, for now, but is starting to see the change in Juan. Jeanette and Julio are still in Chile. Its still a waiting game with them. Franco is so amazing. We had a lesson with his dad, and ask for permission for the baptism. Dad said no... so we have to wait, but then Franco showed he really cares and started reading the Book of Mormon after lunch for the past few days. I called his dad again to see what he thinks and he almost said yes. I could feel the spirit through the phone call work on him. In the end he didnt say yes or no, and asked me to call him today at Six! The Holy Ghost works miracles!

This week I learned a lot about patience with others and with myself. Im not perfect and it sucks... haha. We need to remember that its okay too not be perfect, and take the steps to change. Sometimes other people try us, if its with bad habits, or something big they have done to us. Forgive, forget, and love them. Judge them as Christ would! Now think about that! How does Christ judge you? Love your family and people around you, and I promise you that you will be happier.

I finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish this week, well this morning. Its true. I know it. I feel it. I invite you to read it. If you are already reading, I invite you to read just a little everyday, each day this week. I promise you blessings in where you need it this week. I know our Father in Heaven loves us. I know Christ lives and suffered for us. Go to Him and watch Him mold and change you. Les Quiero mucho.

Elder Saunders del fin del mundo:)

--
See it. Feel it. Trust it.



No comments:

Post a Comment