Monday, May 23, 2016

5/23/16 Being Sick and Bautismos

Hey Everyone,

This week has been a really different one. I got a sick and wasnt able to well do anything because I was just sooo tired. We felt like we should have been doing more because we would sleep forever to feel better then feel better for like a few hours and then get super tired again and go to bed. We did not have very good numbers this week but we did have the best of all things a Baptism. 

Last week I talked a little about Christian. He made it!!! He was baptized this last Thursday on his Birthday! We partied and we made him a Chocolate Cake and it was amazing if I say so myself haha. He asked me to baptize him and now he calls me his God Father. Haha he is only 20 but I am only 19 so that is cool. 

Well the rest of the week we just spent time trying to get better and teaching as we could the people we already had sent lessons with. We ended up teaching this 80 year man named Jeronimo and he is a Argentine Cowboy and has come to church 3 times now so time to get him in the good old Agua!! We taught him the first lesson and he told us he had read all the testimonies and beginning of the Book of Mormon up to 1 Nefi!! That was cool and now he is going to start reading more. 

Then on Sunday which was yesterday we had a member of the Seventy here - Elder Fernandez and he taught some crazy good lessons. The members loved him and they have a lot more Animo to just help the missionaries(US) yes they want to help!!! We had over 50 people at church too! 

Well to all you high schoolers who are about to graduate... YOU MADE IT!!!! haha and everyone us have a nice warm summer while we freeze down here. Haha I am only a little jealous. However I know I am supposed to be here and even though this week was hard and honestly I thought about home a lot I know that this Church is true and because of this I have to be here. I need to be here for me and more importantly the people that need the Gospel. I know that this church brings the happiest of all the happy feelings that are out there. I know that the Atonement is real. I have felt the cleansing power it brings. I know that Heavenly Father loves you and me. I feel his love as I ask for it. If you want to know or feel something just ask through prayer and it will come. Have patience. Yes i just said that have patience. If you know me I have zero patience but I know if we wait and act in faith we will find the answers we need. Well I love you all and I know that the Savior lives. I know it and you can know it too. Pray for it and it will come!!

Con Amor,

Elder Saunders

--
See it. Feel it. Trust it.























sunset - the day of the baptism


stuffed green peppers




No comments:

Post a Comment