Monday, May 30, 2016

5/30/16 Conferencia con Presidente y Bautismo

Hey Everyone,

Thanks to all of you who have read and are reading my these letters. Sometimes I wonder if they do any good, but I have found out this week people are reading them. This week was a good one. The first part of the week started out in Rio Gallegos. We left Monday afternoon and got home Wednesday morning like in the middle of the night. In Rio Gallegos we had a conference with President and Hermana Rogers. It was the last time that I will see them in the mission. It was kinda sad but they live really close so I will see them after the mission. We get a new mission president here in just about a month.

In the conference it was all about Baptisms and more Baptisms. We came back to Calafate with new desires to just baptize more. So we went to an old man named Geronimo. He is 79 and is about to turn 80 in August. In our lesson we came out super direct and just told him we want him to get baptized. He said that he wanted to and so we started to plan his baptism for Saturday. The Lord is blessing Calafate right now.

The rest of the week we kept on teaching Geronimo because he had not even had all the lessons taught to him. He is what they call a Gaucho. Basically an Argentine cowboy. He was raised as a slave and ran away when he was a teenager. He worked in the fields his whole life and has crazy stories. We are in his house for hours just listening. Teaching is hard with him but we pulled it off.

Saturday was awesome we had his baptism and I gave one of the talks. Spanish is coming and I am starting to be able to be myself in the language. I still want to be able to understand more but I am getting there. 

Well I know that this is the true church. I know that as missionaries we can baptize. A lot of people have told us that this mission doesnt baptize. We decided the last two weeks to say who cares to that and work hard. The Lord has blessed us for our desires as a companionship. I know that the scriptures bring the spirit into our lives. Go and read. I have set a goal to read more too. Let us go and read together this week. I love you all and thank you for the prayers and support. 

Con Amor,

Elder Saunders 

-- 
See it. Feel it. Trust it.









No comments:

Post a Comment