Monday, August 1, 2016

8/1/16 Transfers and Goodbyes

Hola Todos,

I hope everyone is doing well and that life is just full of wonderful experiences that are bringing happiness. This last week has been a tough one. Throughout the whole week I had to tell people buy. Members, friends, investigators, converts, companions, Elders, and my pension that is my home. Six months in an area really sucks! Haha it was amazing I loved it sooo much and the reason it sucks is the goodbyes are bitter. However I know that one day if not in this life I will see them again. One comfort that my branch President told me is that he is going to take my converts to the temple. He promised he would get them there. I love that man and Presidente Ortellado will always be a friend. Use his example to love and magnify your callings in the church. 

As I am sitting here my friend and convert Cristian Portillo is with us! He lives alone and always told us he was Catholic. However now he is a member! He is preparing to get the Priesthood and I guess I want yall to know that you can change. People told us he would not change but he did. With faith in the Savior and His Atonement everything is possible. 

I know the Plan of Salvation is real. We are in the middle of this plan right now. We are tests, challenges, problems, or whatever you want to call them every day. Through these we are able to grow and learn. In my mission I have learned that mistakes are necessary we are perfect and exact obedience is hard. I have learned how it feels to use the Atonement. I know what kind of missionary I want to be and how to do it. I am excited to utilize the next year and a half I have in Argentina! We can all repent or change to be closer to God and one day return to live with Him and become like Him if we live the teachings of His son. That should be your goal. Make that goal now and live up to it. You WILL find happiness!

I know Christ lives. I have felt His love, His atoning sacrifice, and I know you can too. I know people can change. I have seen them do it. Ive seen an elderly Lady my first baptism Maria stop smoking just because two kids told her to. She stopped for God. She always says, " Tengo fe, Tengo fe, siempre voy a la iglesia." Please have faith, go to church, and you WILL see blessings. Maria did and you will! I love you all take of my family if you know them, and remember all will be well the Lord is in charge!! ¡Les amo un monton! 


Elder Saunders de El Calafate por la Ășltima vez:)

--
See it. Feel it. Trust it.
El Chalten i forgot to tell yall we went to El Chalten where the mountain Fitz Roy is!





pics of goodbye fotos and mas! 




No comments:

Post a Comment